- Frozen crust for one-crust pie
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup cane syrup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp. Rum, optional
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. nutmeg or ginger
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup pecan halves or sugared nuts
How To Cook
- Line pie pan with crust and pre-bake the crust on 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar, cane syrup, cream, pumpkin puree, seasonings, and rum . Pour the filling into the pre-baked shell.
- Cut pastry leaves for top of pie. Dab them with milk and sprinkle them with sugar. Layer uncooked leaves around the edges of the pie. Place some leaves on a cookie sheet and bake separately until golden brown.
- Bake pie for 40 minutes or until the filling has set around the edges.