Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1-½ lbs carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 clove garlic peeled and crush
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 1 tsp medium curry powder
- 1.6 liters chicken stock
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon peel, finely shredded
- 200g creme fraiche
- Grated skin of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp chives, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the onions and carrots stir them until soft.Do not brown the vegetables.
- Add the garlic, ginger and curry powder and cook for a further minute.
- Add the stock and lemon strips to the pan, half cover the pan with lid, and simmer gently for 20 minutes until the carrots are tender.
- Liquidize the soup until smooth.and season with salt and black pepper.
- To make the cream, stir all the ingredients together gently, or the creme fraiche will go runny, and then spoon a dollop into the middle of each bowl of soup, garnish with chives or parsley if you wish. Serve with crusty bread.