Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp dry English mustard powder
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 small head broccoli
- 1 liter pints vegetable stock
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard.
- 4 tbsp creme fraiche
- salt and black pepper
- Bread croutons
- 200g mature cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- In a large pan heat the butter, add the onion and cook slowly until soften stir constantly. Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes then Stir in the mustard powder.
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and cut into florets and steam with the broccoli until almost tender. Add to the onion and and vegetable stock in it. Add the potato and bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes or until the potato is cooked.
- Blend the soup in a food processor then agin put in the pan and add the mustard and cream fraiche and cook until boil, reduce the heat and left for 5 minutes. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- To serve, place 50g cheese in the center of a soup bowl. Surround with the soup and top with croutons.